These Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Yogurt Granola Cups are a healthier ice-cream alternative and so refreshing during the summer months!
As the weather warms up, frozen snacks become the ultimate refreshing summer treats! And if you have leftover strawberries, these Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Granola Cups are are great frozen snack idea!
Perfect for breakfast or as a healthy treat at any time of day, these frozen granola cups will keep you refreshed all summer long!
The base of these frozen strawberry granola cups is made using store-bought granola, honey, and coconut oil.
They are topped with homemade fresh strawberry syrup mixed with Greek yogurt and shredded coconut!
Made with just 7 ingredients and less than 15 minutes of hands-on time, these frozen granola cups are quick and simple. They're perfect to make ahead too and can be stored for up to 2 months!
You can make these granola cups using silicone muffin molds. Alternatively, you can use a lined baking sheet to make frozen strawberry yogurt granola bars!
Ingredients and Variations
Granola - Use your preferred store-bought or homemade granola mixture.
Honey and Coconut Oil - Needed for the base of the granola cups. You can use plain or fruit-flavored honey.
Honey (or other preferred sweetener) is also needed for the strawberry filling.
Strawberries - You will need fresh strawberries for this recipe. You can use ugly-looking overripe strawberries for the puree.
Yogurt - Use plain, low-fat yogurt. Greek yogurt works perfectly for this recipe, but any other plain yogurt is fine.
Shredded coconut - Optional, but pairs perfectly with strawberry flavours.
Vanilla Extract - Optional, flavour enhancer.
For these frozen strawberry granola cups, you will need:
- Weighing scale/cups
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula/Wooden Spoon
- Silicone muffin molds or baking pan and parchment paper
For this recipe, I very much prefer to use a set of silicone muffin molds as I find it really easy to pop out the frozen granola.
If you don't have silicone muffin molds, a regular 9x9" baking pan will work well too - just make sure to line it with parchment paper!
How to Make Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Granola Cups
Make the Granola Base
Melt and combine honey and coconut oil by warming them in a microwave.
Place granola in a large mixing bowl, and stir in melted honey and coconut oil.
Divide the mixture between 12 silicone muffin molds, pressing the granola at the bottom of the mold using the back of a spoon.
Alternatively, line a baking tray (or glass baking tray) with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture at the bottom of the tray.
Prepare the Strawberry Yogurt Filling
Wash, hull and cut strawberries in half. Blend with honey (or sweetener of choice) until smooth.
Transfer strawberry puree into a large bowl and stir in Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and vanilla, if using.
Divide the mixture between muffin molds, placing 1-2 tablespoons over the granola base.
Sprinkle with shredded coconut, and pop them in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until set.
Pop out the granola cups from silicone molds, allow to thaw slightly, and enjoy. Alternatively, if using a baking tray, pull out the parchment paper, slice into bars, and serve.
These frozen treats are perfect to make ahead. They can be frozen for up to 2 months! Thaw for a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
Make it Vegan
To make vegan frozen strawberry yogurt granola cups, swap Greek yogurt with your favourite plain vegan yogurt and substitute honey with pure vegan-friendly maple syrup!
Other Strawberry Recipes
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Granola Cups
- 180 g granola approx 1½ cups
- 2 tbsp. honey + extra as needed, melted
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil melted
Strawberry Yogurt Filling
- 250 g fresh strawberries approx 1¼ cups
- 2 tbsp. honey or sweetener of choice
- 190 g greek yogurt approx. ⅔ cup
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut + extra for sprinkling
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract optional
- Prepare 12 silicone muffin molds or line a 9x9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place honey and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt on high heat for 20 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, place granola, then add melted honey and coconut oil and mix well using a spatula. Place about one tablespoon of the granola-honey mixture into each muffin mold and press mixture to the bottom using the back of a spoon. If using a baking pan, press granola-honey mixture at the bottom of the pan.
- Blend the strawberries and honey/sweetener in a blender until smooth. Transfer pureed strawberries into a large mixing bowl, add the Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and vanilla extract (optional) and mix until combined.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of the strawberry mixture on top of each granola base. Sprinkle some more shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours and pop out the granola cups from silicone molds, allow to thaw slightly, and enjoy. Alternatively, if making these in a baking pan, pull out, slice into bars, and serve.