These Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups are a healthier ice-cream alternative and so refreshing during the summer months!
A couple of days ago, I noticed some leftover strawberries sitting in the fridge which inspired me to create a more healthy snack for upcoming hot days. These Granola Cups turned out to be a big hit for a quick, refreshing snack, breakfast, or dessert made with just 7 ingredients and some freezing time.
Only 7 Ingredients!
These yummy healthy summer treats are made using:
- Coconut Oil
- Shredded Coconut
- Almond Extract (optional)
- Greek Yogurt
What tools do you need for Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups?
To make this recipe, you will need the following tools/items:
- Kitchen scale/ cups
- Large mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- Muffin tin/ Silicone muffin molds
- Microwave Oven
I very much prefer to use silicone muffin molds over the muffin tin as I find it much easier to pop out the Frozen granola once they are out of the freezer. Also, silicone molds are space-saving, especially if you have small freezer space like I do!
How to Make Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups + Tips
This recipe only require a few easy steps:
Heat up and melt the honey and coconut oil in a microwave for a few seconds and mix well with granola. This will help the granola stick together to form the base of the cups. Then, spoon the granola-honey mixture into a muffin tin or silicone molds and press mixture to the bottom.
Then, you will need to blend the strawberries in a blender until smooth. Mix the pureed strawberries with some Greek yogurt and add shredded coconut and almond extract. The almond extract is completely optional but I just love how it elevates the overall taste and the lovely combination of flavor it provides with the coconut. You may choose to add more honey at this stage since the Greek yogurt itself may not be very sweet. I chose to skip this step. Spoon this mixture on top of the granola base.
If you like, you can sprinkle some more shredded coconut on top. Freeze for at least 2 hours, pop them out, and you're left with some amazing fruity granola. for you to enjoy and share! Allow to thaw slightly before eating as they will be quite hard and obviously frozen :P.
If you've tried these Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes!
Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups
- 180 g granola approx 1 ½ cup
- 2 tbsp. honey + extra as needed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut + extra as needed
- 250 g fresh strawberries approx 1 ¼ cup
- ¼ tsp. almond extract optional
- 170 g greek yogurt approx. ⅔ cup
- Prepare 12 silicone muffin molds or muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, place honey and coconut oil and melt in a microwave for a few seconds on high heat (about 20 seconds).
- In a large mixing bowl, place granola, then add melted honey and coconut oil and mix well using a spatula. Place about one tablespoon of the granola-honey mixture into each muffin mold and press mixture to the bottom using the back of a spoon.
- Blend the strawberries in a blender until smooth. Transfer pureed strawberries into a large mixing bowl, add the Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, and almond extract (optional) and mix until smooth using a spatula. You may choose to add more honey at this stage since the Greek yogurt itself may not be very sweet.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of the strawberry mixture on top of each granola base. Sprinkle some more shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours and pop out, the granola cups, allow to thaw slightly, and enjoy.
Store these Frozen Strawberry-Coconut Greek Yogurt Granola Cups in an airtight container in the freezer.