Inspired by the classic strawberry cheesecake, this Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats is the perfect start to your day!
Strawberry cheesecake for breakfast? Yes please! This healthy overnight oats recipe will make a perfect breakfast or snack throughout the day.
This Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats recipe requires 7 healthy ingredients and is a great way to use up fresh strawberries when in season. A delicious breakfast made with simple ingredients.
You don't even need a food processor for this recipe! All you need is a large mixing bowl and two serving glasses. If you love strawberry cheesecake, but prefer something healthier, you should give this Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats a try!
Ingredients and Variations
Fresh Strawberries - You'll need 6 to 8 medium sized or large fresh strawberries, some will be used in the mixture and some for topping. You'll need to wash, hull, and dice the strawberries to use in the overnight oat mixture.
Greek Yogurt - Use low-fat, plain Greek yogurt or other yogurt of your choice (vanilla Greek Yogurt is a great option too!).
Milk - You can use semi-skimmed or whole dairy milk or your favourite plant-based milk, such as unsweetened almond milk.
Oats - Use either old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats/oat flakes. Avoid using steel cut oats.
Chia Seeds - You can also use flaxseed meal.
Vanilla Extract - Use good quality vanilla extract as a flavor enhancer.
Sweetener - For this recipe, I used agave syrup, but feel free to use any sweetener of choice such as honey, maple syrup, or stevia. Adjust the amount of sweetener as desired.
Almond Butter - optional but adds richness and a nutty kick to these overnight oats. You can also use peanut butter or cashew butter.
Topping ideas: sliced fresh strawberries or other fruit, crushed corn flakes or graham crackers, almond butter, nuts, chocolate syrup.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Prepare the Strawberries
Wash, hull and dice the strawberries. Warm them up in a microwave for 1-2 minutes on high and then mash them slightly using a fork. Don't have a microwave? Carry out this step in a saucepan on the stovetop. You can use ripe strawberries for this easy breakfast recipe.
Overnight Oats Mixture
Place mashed strawberries and all remaining overnight oat ingredients in a large bowl and give it a good stir until the mixture is well combined.
Divide the mixture between two serving glasses or resealable mason jars. Cover and chill overnight or until set.
Add your Toppings
Before serving, top with fresh sliced strawberries, nuts, almond butter, crushed cornflakes or graham crackers and serve!
Storing and Making Ahead
This healthy breakfast recipe is perfect to make ahead. Overnight oats requires time to set, ideally overnight (surprise!).
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats can be stored in a refrigerator (covered) for up to 2 days.
Other Breakfast Recipes
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 6 large fresh strawberries hulled and diced
- 142 g low-fat Greek yogurt plain (½ cup)
- 120 mL milk semi-skimmed, whole, or plant based (½ cup)
- 80 g old-fashioned rolled oats or oat flakes/quick oats (1 cup)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. agave syrup or maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. almond butter optional
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. cornflakes crushed
- 2-4 fresh strawberries halved
- Wash, hull and dice strawberries. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Mash them up lightly using a fork.
- Place strawberries and all remaining overnight oats ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix well until combined.
- Divide mixture between 2 resealable jars or glasses, cover, and refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Add your favourite toppings and serve as a breakfast or snack.
Leave a Reply