This Eggless Lemon Pound Cake is moist, tangy, and topped with a sweet strawberry jam glaze. Bursting with flavor, this is the ultimate dessert for lemon and strawberry lovers!
Lemon juice, lemon zest, and the most delicious strawberry jam glaze are what make this cake so special. Super moist and perfumed with lemon, easy to do, and no eggs required - this Eggless Lemon Pound Cake couldn't be easier and more delicious! This cake is one of my favourite breakfast or afternoon treats, bursting with refreshing citrus flavor and requiring less than 10 minutes of prep time. I've been doing some egg-free and lemon baking lately, and after successfully making these Eggless Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins, it was now time for some pound cake!
The batter for this Eggless Lemon Pound Cake is made using fresh lemon juice and grated lemon zest. The sweet glaze is made with strawberry jam, which gives a beautiful pink tinge, and flavored with more lemon juice and zest. This cake can be made in a loaf tin or a bundt pan. I personally prefer the loaf tin method as I find loaf tins less prone to sticking.
Why this Recipe Works
This Eggless Lemon Pound Cake is:
- Bursting with refreshing and complementing lemon and strawberry flavors
- Is moist and has a balanced texture (not too light but not too dense)
- Contains no eggs!
- Can be made ahead and enjoyed as breakfast or as a treat at any time of the day!
Ingredients for Eggless Lemon Pound Cake
For this recipe, you will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest
- Granulated and Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
For the strawberry glaze, you will also need strawberry jam, lemon juice, confectioner's sugar, and more lemon zest as desired. Of course, you can use any jam of your choice, but I find that the taste of strawberry jam perfectly complements the lemon cake, and it's consistency is great for this glaze.
The Perfect Eggless Lemon Cake
This make-from-scratch recipe is so easy to make! Here are some tips to get the perfect Eggless Lemon Pound Cake:
- For the best flavors, use freshly squeezed lemon juice and freshly grated lemon zest. Avoid using the concentrated bottled juice!
- Do not overmix the batter once you add the dry ingredients as this will cause the cake to be rubbery and dense.
- This recipe can also be made in a bundt pan but be sure to grease generously with butter or non-stick cooking spray to prevent your cake getting stuck to the pan.
- Sift and combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) in a separate mixing bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients.
How Can I Make this Vegan?
To make this Eggless Lemon Pound Cake vegan, use plant-based milk instead of cow's milk. Also, make sure your jam is suitable for vegans.
Storing and Making Ahead
This cake keeps well when covered at room temperature for 4-5 days. You can freeze the cake sliced or whole, without the glaze, for up to 3 months. Make sure the cake has completely cooled down before freezing in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight at room temperature before serving and add the glaze after the cake is completely thawed.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you've tried these delicious Eggless Lemon Pound Cake with a sweet strawberry glaze, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes!
Eggless Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (60mL)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
- ½ cup brown sugar (100g)
- 1 cup milk semi-skimmed (240mL)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar (100g)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350F). Line a loaf tin with parchment paper (unless using a silicone loaf tin).
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix with a spatula to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil until combined (1-2 minutes).
- Add milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix well to incorporate.
- Add sifted flour, salt, and baking powder in two additions, mixing with a spatula after each addition until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour loaf batter into loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Make sure the loaf has completely cooled before glazing.
- Place strawberry jam into a medium-sized mixing bowl and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and whisk well to combine. If glaze is too runny, add more sugar. If it's too thick, add some more lemon juice.
- Pour glaze over cooled loaf, top with extra lemon zest (as desired) and chill for 30 minutes until set.