This Prosciutto Brie and Arugula Bruschetta is the perfect party appetizer any time of the year. Super delish and ready in just 15 minutes!
Raise your hand if you love good finger food which is can be prepared and served in under 15 minutes! Spring and summer are around the corner and I wanted to share a special recipe by my husband which happens to be our favourite go-to appetizer. These colorful Prosciutto Brie and Arugula Bruschetta are so easy to make and are simply addictive! They are the perfect appetizer or finger food to serve your guests during holidays or gatherings.
This Prosciutto Brie and Arugula Bruschetta is cheesy, salty and crunchy all in one bite. Serve along with Cheese and Pineapple Sticks, Brie and Caramelized Onion Focaccia, or Roasted Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella and Pine Nut Appetizer and a glass or two of white wine for the ultimate Mediterranean finger food party!
"Bruschetta" are small pieces of sliced bread (most often baguette) which is fried or toasted and topped with a variety of savory ingredients. The choice and combination of toppings is endless. Unlikle bruschetta, crostini are usually toasted or grilled until crisp and dry.
For this recipe, my husband topped bruschetta with his favourite cheese, brie, prosciutto (dry-cured ham), and fresh arugula (also known as rocket or rucola) leaves. We topped this bruschetta with some toasted pine nuts for added crunch and drizzled them with a simple balsamic vinaigrette - simply amazing!!
Why This Recipe Works
This bruschetta is:
- Super simple, ready in just under 15 minutes
- A great appetizer, starter, canape, or finger food for guests
- Perfect at any time of the year
- Cheesy, crunchy, and salty and absolutely addictive!
For this recipe, you will need:
- Sliced baguette - try to use a thin baguette sliced to ¼ inch thickness.
- Brie - you will need remove the rind off and thinly slice the cheese for the best melted cheese flavor
- Prosciutto - dry cured ham. You will need a slice of prosciutto for each slice of baguette.
- Fresh arugula (rocket/rucola) leaves
- Pine nuts - these are completely optional but will give an extra crunch 🙂
- Olive oil - for brushing bruschetta slices. Extra virgin olive oil is ideal for this recipe
For the balsamic vinaigrette you will need balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
How to Make Prosciutto Brie and Arugula Bruschetta (Step by Step + Tips)
Step 1: Slice baguette into ¼ inch thick slices and brush one side with olive oil
Step 2: Heat each baguette slice (oil-side down) in a skillet on medium-high heat until slightly golden brown.
Step 3: Place sliced brie cheese (rind removed) on each oiled side of the baguette and bake for 3-5 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C (400F) until brie just starts to melt.
Step 4: Top each bruschetta piece with a slice of prosciutto, some arugula leaves and a few toasted pine nuts.
Step 5: Make balsamic vinaigrette by mixing olive oil with some balsamic vinegar. Drizzle on top of the bruschetta and serve warm!
Making Ahead and Storing
This Prosciutto, Brie and Arugula Bruschetta is best served warm. You can store leftover bruschetta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Leftover bruschetta can be served cold or warmed for a few seconds in the microwave. When warming bruschetta in the microwave, add prosciutto and arugula toppings after warming the bread and brie.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Have you tried this Prosciutto, Brie and Arugula Bruschetta? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow Baked Fig on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes!
Prosciutto, Brie and Arugula Bruschetta
- 6 slices baguette fresh
- 200 g brie sliced and rind removed
- 6 slices prosciutto dry-cured ham
- 5 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- handful fresh arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts toasted (optional)
Balsamic Vinaigrette (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400F) and line a medium-sized baking sheet with baking paper.
- Slice baguette diagonally to cut 6 slices each ¼" thick. Brush each slice with olive oil on one side only.
- Heat a small pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Place each baguette slice, oiled-side facing down, and toast 1-2 minutes until fragrant and slightly golden brown at the bottom. Transfer bread to baking sheet, toasted side facing up.
- Remove brie rind and thinly slice cheese. Place 1-2 slices of cheese on each toasted baguette slice. You'll need to cover each bread piece with brie.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes until brie just starts to melt. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Top with sliced prosciutto, fresh arugula leaves, and toasted pine nuts (optional). Drizzle with olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette (see below).
- To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette: Simply mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a glass bowl and drizzle over bruschetta.