These Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins are super moist, fluffy, and only require a handful of basic ingredients (minus eggs) and 20 minutes of oven!
Although banana bread is always a good idea, banana muffins with a touch of cinnamon and chocolate chips are just as great, especially if you want to use up over-ripe bananas! These deliciously moist and soft muffins will leave your kitchen smelling all warm and cinnamon-y. This recipe is super easy and is another great excuse to use ripe bananas to bake something delicious. What's more, these muffins are eggless, which is great if you have an allergy around the house or have simply run out of eggs!
This recipe yields 12 medium-sized muffins. I filled my muffin molds almost all the way to the top (see photos below) and still managed to get a beautiful rise on them despite having no eggs. Chocolate chips are optional, but being the chocolate freak that I am, I thought it was a good idea to add some in there. These muffins can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in single layers for up to 4 days. Adding a paper towel to the bottom of your container will prevent your muffins from getting soggy. Unlike my Eggless Vanilla and Sprinkles Greek Yogurt Muffins, I used vegetable oil rathe than butter for this recipe. I love the overall moisture in the end result.
Ingredients & Tools for Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
For these Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins, you will need the following ingredients:
- Over-ripe Bananas
- All-purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
You will also need the following tools:
- Kitchen Scale - to weigh your ingredients
- Measuring Jug - to measure your liquids
- Large Mixing Bowl - to mix the dry ingredients and the batter
- Medium Mixing Bowl - to mix the wet ingredients
- Masher - to mash bananas
- Spatula - to mix the wet and dry ingredients
- Whisk - to mix the wet ingredients
- Tablespoon - to measure cinnamon
- Teaspoon - to measure baking powder and baking soda
- Muffin Pan/ Silicone Molds - to bake your muffins in!
- Oven - to bake your muffins!
Tips for the Perfect Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
If you've tried these Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes!
Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
- 240 g all-purpose flour 2 cups
- 100 mL semi-skimmed milk ½ cup minus 1 tbsp.
- 100 mL vegetable oil ½ cup minus 1 tbsp.
- 100 g brown sugar ½ cup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 overly ripe bananas mashed
- 80 g chocolate chips ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350F). Grease or line a muffin pan or prepare 12 silicone muffin molds.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift and mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, place vegetable oil and sugar and whisk to combine. Add milk and mashed bananas and whisk for 2-3 minutes to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula until just combined. Do not overmix. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin liners and fill until almost full (around 2 tbsp)
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy warm!