Baked Shrimp Alfredo
This creamy Baked Shrimp Alfredo is loaded with shrimp and cheese and will become your next favourite comfort food dish that will feed a crowd!
- 350 g dry pasta e.g., penne, ziti, or rigatoni (12.3 oz)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 350 g fresh or frozen shrimp or prawns. shells, heads and tails removed and deveined (12.3 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (see notes)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (see notes)
- 4 tbsp. white wine optional
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 500 mL milk semi-skimmed or whole (2 cups)
- 250 mL heavy cream (1 cup)
- 50 g parmesan freshly grated (½ cup) (see notes)
- 112 g shredded mozzarella divided (1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 180°C (356F) and prepare a 9"x13" baking dish.
Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente (9-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
Remove heads, tails and skin and devein shrimp.
Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Add shrimp, minced garlic and paprika. Saute on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add wine (if using) and deglaze the pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
Place 2 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour (to avoid lumps from forming) and add milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Bubbles should start forming at the side and the mixture should just start to thicken. Turn off heat and stir in parmesan cheese and half of the shredded mozzarella
Transfer Alfredo sauce, cooked shrimp, and pasta in a large saucepan or bowl. Toss to coat pasta thoroughly with sauce.
Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 28-35 minutes until surface is slightly golden brown.
Allow to cool sightly, then garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
You can substitute garlic with 1 tsp. garlic powder.
You can substitute paprika with ¼ tsp. red chilli flakes.
You can substitute Parmesan cheese with Grana Padano
Calories: 642kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1540IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 2mg