Lemon Orzo Salad
This simple Lemon Orzo Salad with lemon vinaigrette is loaded with fresh vegetables and makes a refreshing summer starter or main in under 30 minutes!
- 140 g orzo (1 cup)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes or plum/grape tomatoes, halved (1¼ cup)
- ½ to ¾ cucumber diced
- 1 medium purple onion sliced in thin rings or diced
- 4 radish sliced
- 50 g arugula/rocket leaves (rucola) (2 cups)
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled (approx. ¾ cup)
- 8-12 whole olives
- 80 mL lemon juice (⅓ cup)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 80 mL extra virgin olive oil (⅓ cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil orzo in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and place in a large salad bowl.
Dice cucumbers, slice cherry/grape tomatoes in half, slice onion (into rings or diced), and slice radish and add to orzo. Add arugula leaves and mix well to combine.
Prepare the vinaigrette: Place lemon juice, zest, mustard, honey, minced garlic, and oregano in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Add olive oil and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and top with crumbled feta and whole olives.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg