These amazing matcha white chocolate coconut macaroons are eggless and made with only 6 ingredients! They are the perfect bite-sized treat for coconut, matcha, and white chocolate lovers at one go!
I have not been baking with matcha for quite some time now and last week I bought some sweetened condensed milk as I felt like making some coconut macaroons, which I also haven't done for quite some time. As I was going through my cupboards I noticed some matcha latter powder which I had almost forgot about and I also knew I had some leftover white chocolate coins which I had bought for Easter baking. So that's how this whole Matcha White Chocolate Coconut Macaroons idea stemmed from!
These macaroons are super easy to make, especially if you want to prepare something quick and yummy. The coconut macaroon mixture contains only 4 ingredients (shredded coconut, condensed milk, vanilla, and flour) which you need to mix up all together, shape into balls, and bake in the oven for around 12 minutes. Then, you just need to let them cool down completely, and dip them into a mixture of melted white chocolate and matcha, let them cool in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes, and thats it! You're done! This macaroons will be done in no time at all, and will probably be eaten in even less time 😛
These Matcha White Chocolate Coconut Macaroons are:
- super soft on the inside
- a yummy taste of sweet matcha latte on the outside
- the perfect bite-sized treat
- extremely easy to prepare
- a great accompaniment to tea, coffee, or matcha latte!
The only 6 ingredients you need are:
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Shredded coconut
- Vanilla extract
- Matcha latte powder
- White chocolate (chips, coins, or bar)
Of course, you can use any type of white chocolate you want. I used white chocolate coins because I find them easier to melt and manage without ruining the chocolate. A quick tip for melting white chocolate in the microwave is to make sure its cut into small equal sized pieces (especially if its a whole bar), place them in a small heat-proof glass bowl, and heat them up in a microwave on high power at 10 second increments to make sure they are perfectly melted. Once the chocolate looks almost melted and has only a few lumps, stop heating it and stir the chocolate using a fork or whisk until its completely smooth 🙂
Matcha White Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 2 tbsp. flour sifted
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk 7 oz. or 200g
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 100 g white chocolate coins or chocolate chips or chocolate bar, may need more or less
- 2 tbsp matcha latte powder if using pure matcha powder, use 1 tbsp instead
- Preheat the oven at 170°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, place the flour and coconut and fold in the condensed milk. Add vanilla extract and mix, using a spatula, until incorporated.
- Using your hands, take around 1 ½ tbsp of mixture and form into a ball. Place onto baking sheet with parchment paper and press slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 13 minutes until surface become golden brown.
- Bring the macaroons out of the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, prepare the white chocolate mixture. In a small heat-proof glass bowl, place white chocolate (cut into small, equal-sized pieces) and heat in microwave on high heat at 10 second increments.
- When chocolate is almost melted and only some lumps remain, bring out of microwave and mix using a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Add matcha powder gradually and stir continuously until white chocolate mixture turns vibrant green.
- Dip the bottom part of the cooled down macaroons into the white chocolate matcha mixture and place the macaroons on a plate with parchment paper.
- Repeat for all macaroons and spread and decorate the tops of macaroons with leftover chocolate if desired.
- Place macaroons in fridge and cool for 10 - 15 minutes until chocolate has solidified.