These Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars covered with a dark chocolate shell are made with just 7 ingredients and taste just like Bounty Bars!
It's the end of the week, which means it's the perfect time to indulge! Bounty bars have always been one of my favourites and I absolutely love the combination of tropical coconut flavors with dark chocolate. I guess coconut is a love or hate food and most of the time, there's no in between!
These Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars are so simple to make, require only 7 ingredients, no baking, and unlike the store-bought version, are not loaded with sugar. This recipe is as healthy as can be, made with natural ingredients, loaded with coconut flavor, and can be very easily made vegan.
Why this Recipe Works
These Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars are:
- Simple to make, requiring only 7 ingredients.
- Require only a few minutes of prep time and just 30 minutes of freezing.
- Are not loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients.
- Can be easily made vegan.
- Can be made ahead and enjoyed as a healthy snack at any time of day.
- Taste just like Bounty (or Mounds)!
Ingredients for Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars
For these bars, you will need a few coconut-based ingredients, some natural sweetener, and dark chocolate for covering.
Making the Perfect Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars
- You can either combine the mixture using a food processor or mix by hand. I prefer the food processor method as I find the final texture to resemble that of Bounty bars better than by hand.
- These Healthy Coconut Bars can be assembled in a small brownie pan, but you can even shape them by hand.
- If you don't have maple syrup, you can substitute with honey.
- Rum is completely optional. I feel it combines with coconut well and brings out its flavors. Feel free to use the alcoholic version or none at all.
- You can substitute coconut cream with full-fat coconut milk. Make sure to use full-fat milk for the mixture to adhere well.
How to Make this Vegan
These Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars can be made vegan by using vegan dark chocolate instead of regular dark chocolate. Avoid using honey and use pure maple syrup instead.
Storing and Making Ahead
These Coconut Bars can be made ahead and stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They can also be chilled in an airtight container, especially in hot weather, to prevent chocolate from melting. They also freeze well, in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you've tried these Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes!
Healthy No-Bake Coconut Bars
- 184 g dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (60 mL)
- 4 tbsp coconut cream (60 mL)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (60 mL), melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp rum extract (optional)
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. desiccated coconut (optional)
- Line a 9x9 inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Place all coconut bars ingredients in a food processor and mix for 1-2 minutes until mixture comes together and is sticky. Alternatively, you can mix everything manually in a large mixing bowl.
- Place mixture into brownie pan and level using a spatula.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then slice into equal-sized bars.
- Chop dark chocolate and place in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Add coconut oil and warm at 30 second increments, stirring well at each pause until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip coconut bars into chocolate, top with more desiccated coconut (optional) and place on a wire rack until chocolate has dried and solidified. Store at room temperature or refrigerator until serving.